- Advance Care Planning: Starting the Conversation(Online Learning)
- E1 Engage Your Patients(Online Learning)
- E2 Empathize With Your Patients(Online Learning)
- E3 Educate Your Patients(Online Learning)
- E4 Enlist Your Patient as a Partner(Online Learning)
- E4–Communication Model for Virtual Video Visits(Online Learning)
- Sharing Serious News(Online Learning)
- Clinician-Patient Communication To Enhance Health Outcomes February 8, 2022, Virtual (4.0-Hour Workshop)
- The Empathy Effect: Countering Bias to Improve Health OutcomesMarch 29, 2022, Virtual (4.0-Hour Workshop)
- Clinician-Patient Communication to Enhance Health OutcomesApril 25-28, 2022, Virtual (3.5-Day Train-the-Trainer)
- The Empathy Effect: Countering Bias to Improve Health OutcomesMay 09-12, 2022, Virtual (3.75-Day Train-the-Trainer)
- VIEW ALL COURSES
Virtual Videos Raise Questions
As clinicians rapidly adopt technologies for providing care remotely, they face new challenges to effective communication with patients. IHC is developing training strategies to help clinicians understand and apply foundational communication skills to this brave new world of virtual video visits.
See IHC’s FAQ document and stay tuned for upcoming virtual course offerings!
The Empathy Effect introductory webinar recording [1:00:56]
Learn how to become an even better
The Institute for Healthcare Communication (IHC) advances the quality of healthcare by optimizing the experience and process of healthcare communication through creating and disseminating innovative educational programs and services, advocating for the importance of communication as an essential aspect of healthcare, engaging in collaborative research on communication in healthcare, and partnering with other leading organizations that share our vision.