- Advance Care Planning: Starting the Conversation(Online Learning)
- E1 Engage Your Patients(Online Learning)
- E2 Empathize With Your Patients(Online Learning)
- E3 Educate Your Patients(Online Learning)
- E4 Enlist Your Patient as a Partner(Online Learning)
- E4–Communication Model for Virtual Video Visits(Online Learning)
- Sharing Serious News(Online Learning)
- Veterinary Medicine TrainingJuly 18-22, Virtual (Eastern Time)
- Clinician-Patient Communication to Enhance Health Outcomes Faculty DevelopmentSeptember 19-22, 2022, Virtual (3.5-Day Train-the-Trainer)
- VIEW ALL COURSES
Virtual Videos Raise Questions
As clinicians rapidly adopt technologies for providing care remotely, they face new challenges to effective communication with patients. IHC is developing training strategies to help clinicians understand and apply foundational communication skills to this brave new world of virtual video visits.
See IHC’s FAQ document.
The Empathy Effect introductory webinar recording [1:00:56]
Learn how to become an even better
The Institute for Healthcare Communication (IHC) advances the quality of healthcare by optimizing the experience and process of healthcare communication through creating and disseminating innovative educational programs and services, advocating for the importance of communication as an essential aspect of healthcare, engaging in collaborative research on communication in healthcare, and partnering with other leading organizations that share our vision.