- Advance Care Planning: Starting the Conversation(Online Learning)
- E1 Engage Your Patients(Online Learning)
- E2 Empathize With Your Patients(Online Learning)
- E3 Educate Your Patients(Online Learning)
- E4 Enlist Your Patient as a Partner(Online Learning)
- E4–Communication Model for Virtual Video Visits(Online Learning)
- Sharing Serious News(Online Learning)
- Veterinary Communication ProgramMay 17-21, Virtual (Texas A&M University)
- VIEW ALL COURSES
Virtual Videos Raise Questions
As clinicians rapidly adopt technologies for providing care remotely, they face new challenges to effective communication with patients. IHC is developing training strategies to help clinicians understand and apply foundational communication skills to this brave new world of virtual video visits.
See IHC’s FAQ document and stay tuned for upcoming virtual course offerings!
The Empathy Effect introductory webinar recording [1:00:56]
Learn how to become an even better
The Institute for Healthcare Communication (IHC) advances the quality of healthcare by optimizing the experience and process of healthcare communication through creating and disseminating innovative educational programs and services, advocating for the importance of communication as an essential aspect of healthcare, engaging in collaborative research on communication in healthcare, and partnering with other leading organizations that share our vision.
- February 4, 2021
Winter 2021 Newsletter
- August 27, 2020
Summer 2020 Newsletter
- August 20, 2020
Spring 2020 Newsletter
- July 2, 2020
Faculty Guide to Pivoting from In-Person to Virtual Workshops