IHC’s Current Fundraiser
In September, 2018, our IHC CEO, Dr Kathleen Bonvicini, climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa at 19,342 ft. She made made this a charity climb to benefit:
- Step Up Center, a nonprofit school in Moshi,Tanzania, in dire need of expansion (where she volunteers), and
- Creation of an IHC scholarship fund in veterinary and human medicine to promote dissemination of IHC training.
In preparation for this arduous, high-altitude adventure, Kathleen worked with a personal trainer at The Edge, a local fitness center. She also enrolled in a training and research effort at Quinnipiac University’s Center for Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences. QU clinicians helped Kathleen with her physical conditioning and collect data on the physiological effects of the high-altitude climb.
There are three pathways to contribute to this exciting fundraising event:
1. Facebook donation page (closed)
2. Visit Kathleen’s GoFundMe page
3. If you feel more comfortable making a donation via check or credit card, you can contact IHC directly at (800) 800-5907 for details.
Check out the news coverage on this fundraiser-
The Empathy Effect introductory webinar recording [1:00:56]
Learn how to become an even better
The Institute for Healthcare Communication (IHC) advances the quality of healthcare by optimizing the experience and process of healthcare communication through creating and disseminating innovative educational programs and services, advocating for the importance of communication as an essential aspect of healthcare, engaging in collaborative research on communication in healthcare, and partnering with other leading organizations that share our vision.
- March 18, 2019
Winter 2019 Newsletter
- December 13, 2018
Fall 2018 Newsletter
- October 19, 2018
New! Online courses enhance communication skills around palliative care
- July 31, 2018
Drive clinical outcomes, meaningfully partner with your patients, and transform your care