- Workshop-PLUS "Difficult" Clinician-Patient Relationships Thursday October 11, 2018, San Francisco, California
- Workshop-PLUS Clinician-Patient Communication Saturday, November 10 2018, Tucson, Arizona
- Intensive Communication SkillsNovember 30-December 02, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- VIEW ALL COURSES
IHC’s Current Fundraiser
This fall, our IHC CEO, Dr Kathleen Bonvicini, will ascend Mt. Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa at 19,342 ft. She is making this a charity climb to benefit:
- Step Up Center, a nonprofit school in Moshi,Tanzania, in dire need of expansion (where she volunteers), and
- Creation of an IHC scholarship fund in veterinary and human medicine to promote dissemination of IHC training.
In preparation for this arduous, high-altitude adventure, Kathleen is working with a personal trainer at The Edge, a local fitness center. She is also enrolled in a training and research effort at Quinnipiac University’s Center for Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences. QU clinicians will help Kathleen with her physical conditioning and collect data on the physiological effects of the high-altitude climb.
There are three pathways to contribute to this exciting fundraising event:
1. Facebook donation page
2. Visit Kathleen’s GoFundMe page
3. If you feel more comfortable making a donation via check or credit card, you can contact IHC directly at (800) 800-5907 for details.
Check out the news coverage on this fundraiser-
The Empathy Effect introductory webinar recording [1:00:56]
Learn how to become an even better
The Institute for Healthcare Communication (IHC) advances the quality of healthcare by optimizing the experience and process of healthcare communication through creating and disseminating innovative educational programs and services, advocating for the importance of communication as an essential aspect of healthcare, engaging in collaborative research on communication in healthcare, and partnering with other leading organizations that share our vision.
- July 31, 2018
Drive clinical outcomes, meaningfully partner with your patients, and transform your care
- July 20, 2018
Summer 2018 Newsletter
- June 25, 2018
Enhanced Communication & Social Determinants of Health
- May 2, 2018
Read Spring 2018 Newsletter