- Advance Care Planning: Starting the Conversation(Online Learning)
- E1 Engage Your Patients(Online Learning)
- E2 Empathize With Your Patients(Online Learning)
- E3 Educate Your Patients(Online Learning)
- E4 Enlist Your Patient as a Partner(Online Learning)
- E4–Communication Model for Virtual Video Visits(Online Learning)
- Sharing Serious News(Online Learning)
- Choices and Changes: Motivating Healthy Behaviors WorkshopOctober 11, 2022, Virtual (4.25-hour workshop)
- Choices and Changes: Motivating Healthy BehaviorsOctober 11-14, 2022, Virtual (3.5-Day Train-the-Trainer)
- Treating Patients With C.A.R.E. Faculty DevelopmentOctober 17-19, 2022, Virtual (2.75-Day Train-the-Trainer)
- Veterinary Medicine TrainingDecember 05-09, 2022 Virtual (Eastern Time)
- VIEW ALL COURSES
Virtual Videos Raise Questions
As clinicians rapidly adopt technologies for providing care remotely, they face new challenges to effective communication with patients. IHC is developing training strategies to help clinicians understand and apply foundational communication skills to this brave new world of virtual video visits.
See IHC’s FAQ document.
The Empathy Effect introductory webinar recording [1:00:56]
Learn how to become an even better
The Institute for Healthcare Communication (IHC) advances the quality of healthcare by optimizing the experience and process of healthcare communication through creating and disseminating innovative educational programs and services, advocating for the importance of communication as an essential aspect of healthcare, engaging in collaborative research on communication in healthcare, and partnering with other leading organizations that share our vision.