The Institute for Healthcare Communication (IHC) advances the quality of healthcare by optimizing the experience and process of healthcare communication.
We accomplish this by:
- Creating and disseminating innovative educational programs and services
- Advocating for the importance of communication as an essential aspect of healthcare
- Engaging in collaborative research on communication in healthcare
- Partnering with other leading organizations that share our vision
IHC services benefit:
- Hospitals, group practices and other healthcare organizations who want their patients to have better and more satisfying health outcomes by providing patient-centered care;
- Charitable foundations that wish to serve their communities by improving healthcare delivery to patients with diabetes and other chronic illnesses;
- Risk managers and medical malpractice insurers who want to lower the risk of lawsuits arising from poor communication between clinicians and patients (the single largest factor in newly filed actions);
- Healthcare researchers whose area of study involves clinicians who need to initiate new, novel, or unfamiliar topics with their patients;
- Clinicians and other healthcare professionals in human and veterinary medicine who recognize that patients/clients and clinicians are more satisfied when good communication guides the encounter.