- IHC Training
- Continuing Education Workshops
- Train the Trainer
- Veterinary Healthcare Communication
- Veterinary Communication Modules
- Online Learning for Continuing Education Credit
- Other Programs and Services
- Professional Development and Coaching
- Accreditation for CME/NCPD
- Evaluation & Research
- Licensing Materials
E1 Engage Your Patients
Module 1 begins with a presentation of the various “TELE” terms and transitions to recapping a Frustrations Exercise that was introduced in the Premises Introductory Video. A checklist is provided that includes tips for the physical and technical settings that are conducive to connecting with your patient. The concept is that successful patient-centered care requires utilizing biomedical skills in conjunction with the E4 Model of Communication. This module presents the skills and techniques for the first E of the E4 Model: E1 – Engage with your patient. The module content offers a close examination and use of the tools and techniques to build patient rapport starting with welcoming rituals, coaching your patient through the technology, time-saving agenda setting, and summarizing. Finally, a simulated clinician-patient virtual video visit is shown for learners to identify effective clinician communication skills specific to E1 (Engage your patient).
Cost: $149.00 per person for 1 hour Online module
- Accreditation Approved for CE
- Available To All Healthcare Professionals
1. Identify the technical and nonverbal requirements for conducting effective Virtual Video Visits(VVV)
2. Name 3 Core Communication Skills for engaging with patients
3. Commit to using ONE learned skill in my virtual video interactions with patients
Accreditation: The Institute for Healthcare Communication (IHC) takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME/CE activity. IHC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Institute for Healthcare Communication designates the Clinician-Patient Communication to Enhance Health Outcomes for Virtual Video Visits (CPC for VVV): E1 Engage Patients for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
2020 CME Credit for Physicians: This activity has been approved for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM.
Tuition is $149.00 per person
These Modules are conducted in Partnership with Karen Zupko & Associates.