- IHC Training
- Continuing Education Workshops
- Train the Trainer
- Veterinary Healthcare Communication
- Veterinary Communication Modules
- Online Learning for Continuing Education Credit
- Other Programs and Services
- Professional Development and Coaching
- Accreditation for CME/NCPD
- Evaluation & Research
- Licensing Materials
E4 Enlist Your Patient as a Partner
Module 4 concludes the E4 Model. It provides an exploration into VVV skills and techniques for the fourth E of the E4 Model: Enlist your patient as a partner. The module content underscores the research showing that discussing patient-identified goals as a starting point for healthcare decision-making leads to improved patient adherence. Without shared decision-making, there is greater risk of non-adherence. Skills development includes tools and techniques which invite the patient to collaborate in decision-making in virtual video visits. This is accomplished through verbal prompts such as asking specifically about goals of care and exploring what factors in the patient’s life may affect adherence. Understanding your patient’s goals for care is an essential element of shared decision-making, significantly improving the likelihood of patient commitment and adherence. The module addresses the virtual video visit closure process such as clarification of care plan with script suggestions for expression of hope, as appropriate. Finally, the module addresses the newly coined phrase of “Virtual Video Fatigue,” with suggestions for prevention and self-care.
Cost: $149.00 per person for 1 hr online module
- Accreditation Approved for CE
- Available To All Healthcare Professionals
1. Identify the relationship between patient adherence and shared decision-making
2. Practice at least ONE verbal tool to explore patients’ values and preferences
3. Commit to using ONE learned skill in my virtual video interactions with patients
Accreditation: The Institute for Healthcare Communication (IHC) takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME/CE activity. IHC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Institute for Healthcare Communication designates the Clinician-Patient Communication to Enhance Health Outcomes for Virtual Video Visits (CPC for VVV): E4 Enlist Your Patient as a Partner for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
2020 CME Credit for Physicians: This activity has been approved for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
Tuition is $149.00 per person
These Modules are conducted in Partnership with Karen Zupko & Associates.